• Ensure arrangements are made for managing and organising the project.
• Allow adequate time for the project to be designed, planned and carried out properly.
• Provide information to the right people at the right time.
• Communicate with the project team.
• Ensure a Construction Phase Plan is in place and welfare facilities for the site are adequate for the work to be undertaken
• Compile the Health and Safety file at the end of the project.
• Ensure members of the public and your employees are protected.
• Ensure workplaces are designed correctly.
• Notify the project to the HSE if necessary.
Serious breaches of Health and Safety legislation could result in the HSE stopping the work, HSE charging their fee for intervention or in a worst case scenario they may decide to prosecute. The HSE fee for Intervention can be in excess of £124.00 per hour.
HSE Links for further guidance
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. Guidance on Regulations
A short guide for clients on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Construction Phase Plan
Health and safety in construction