Why not use Our powerful, Affordable & User Friendly HR Software?
The implementation of a GDPR compliant HR Software Information System (HRIS) such as Craven HR, is a key driver in moving a business forward, in terms of data management, HR streamlined processes and improved employee engagement.
Without a HRIS, it is not currently possible to capture accurate HR performance metrics that are strategically aligned with a business, many businesses simply do not have the accurate data. Without the correct data you cannot measure key information and provide Company KPI’s, which are a fundamental and positive business tool.
The purpose of HR KPI’s is to optimise recruitment and selection processes, workplace and people management/employee engagement initiatives etc. By constantly measuring and tracking these metrics, you can gauge whether your current HR practices are proactively making a positive impact, the stability of your business and staff; and ultimately the business’s profitability.
Restricting Data Access
Restricting data access strictly to what’s required for each job role is essential to prevent a sensitive and serious data breach. By giving staff access to personal and or sensitive data who don’t legitimately need it for the performance of their duties, you could create a situation that could put highly confidential information at risk.
Risk Management & GDPR
To manage this risk, follow best practice and to ensure GDPR compliance, please find the following advice and guidance;
- Implement an appropriate and affordable HRIS – Such as Craven HR Software;
- Avoid multiple different places to store personal data – Recording of personal and/or sensitive employee data on spreadsheets is advised against due to high risk of data breaches – a HRIS would solve this;
- Restrict staff access to personal and or sensitive data – Define who definitely needs access to the employee personal and or sensitive employee information for their job role; and what is/are the legitimate and valid reason/s?- A HRIS has different security settings for staff;
- Appropriate security should be in place, to avoid unauthorised sharing of information – A HRIS would solve this;
- Ensure that all staff who access confidential data know how to safeguard it and why, including appropriate training – Training should be arranged for key staff;
- Privacy Statement – Implement and communicate.
Why should we implement a HRIS?
Benefits for Line Managers;
- Better use of your time – Streamlines and automates those repetitive and time-consuming people management tasks;
- Stay Secure, GDPR Compliant – Less risk, all your employees’ data safely in one place ;
- Welcome new employees - Create onboarding new starter checklists, send out offer letters and contracts;
- Engage your staff – Self Service – Give your people a system with their data, they can access anytime, anywhere ;
- Cloud Ecosystem – HR software that links to Xero and Quickbooks;
- Easy to use & mobile friendly – Access information quickly, anytime, from anywhere;
- Make payroll painless – Run your entire payroll in just 5 simple steps;
- Competitive edge – Think about it… You want to attract and retain top talent, but your tech is way behind your competitors.
Empowerment increases autonomy for Line Managers ie;
- Manage timesheets/schedules/authorise overtime;
- Request salary/job changes;
- Authorise/cancel Annual Leave (and other leave);
- Add employee sickness absence;
- Complete a RTWI (Return to Work Interview);
- Complete Performance Management ie; One to One Meetings, Probationary Reviews and Appraisals;
- Reduction in sickness absence – It is a deterrent when employees can visibly see how much sickness absence/triggers they have.
Benefits for employees;
- Communication tool – Important Company notices/announcements – improves employee engagement’;
- Self Service – visible employee information – employees feel more in control;
- Access and update their own personal information – reduction in errors;
- Access timesheet/weekly schedule – improves engagement;
- Annual leave/other leave is important, employees can view their leave; balance and apply for leave online – speedier process, improves employee engagement;
- Complete self-certification – speedier process, improves employee engagement;
- Access Company Policies and Procedures – improves communication;
- Identify and contact other staff – improves communication.
Interested ? We hope so, please get in touch to discuss how we can help you work Smarter not Harder with Craven HR Software including Payroll (or not).