What needs to be done?
• Put in place arrangements for managing and organising the project.
• Allow adequate time for the project to be designed, planned and carried out properly.
• Provide information to the right people at the right time.
• Communication with the project team must be ongoing.
• Put in place a Construction Phase Plan and provide adequate welfare facilities for the site.
• A Health and Safety file needs to be compiled at the end of the project.
• You must protect members of the public as well as your employees.
• Workplaces need to be designed correctly.
• The HSE may need to be notified of the project.
Serious breaches of Health and Safety legislation could result in the HSE stopping all work on site, HSE charging their fee for intervention or in a worst case scenario they may decide to prosecute. The HSE fee for Intervention can be in excess of £124.00 per hour.
HSE Links for further guidance
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. Guidance on Regulations
A short guide for clients on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Construction Phase Plan
Health and Safety in Construction