What needs to be done?
• Arrangements for managing and organising the project must be put in place.
• Adequate time must be allowed for the project to be designed, planned and carried out properly.
• Information needs to be provided to the right people at the right time.
• Communication with the project team must be ongoing.
• A Construction Phase Plan needs to be put in place and adequate welfare facilities for the site provided.
• A Health and Safety file needs to be compiled at the end of the project.
• Members of the public and your employees must be protected.
• Workplaces need to be designed correctly.
• The HSE may need to be notified of the project.
Serious breaches of Health and Safety legislation could result in the HSE stopping the work, HSE charging their fee for intervention or in a worst case scenario they may decide to prosecute. The HSE fee for Intervention can be in excess of £124.00 per hour.
HSE Links for further guidance
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. Guidance on Regulations
A short guide for clients on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Construction Phase Plan
Health and Safety in Construction