An HR “Health Check” Audit is a comprehensive method to access the compliance of your current HR policies, procedures, documentation, and systems throughout the whole of the employer/employee life cycle. This thorough review helps to identify needs for improvement and enhancement of positive people management and company culture. In addition, it helps to assess compliance with ever-changing rules and regulations.
The HR Health Check Audit means that we can diagnose issues before they become real problems and help you find the right solutions.
How does it work?
We will ask you to complete a questionnaire which will help us to understand the current state of your business.
We will talk through the results and work with you to create an action plan, which will include any recommendations. The findings will also determine which HR support package we recommend is the best fit for your business.
We will implement the changes needed, these could include: updating employment contracts, reviewing your policies & procedures, staff handbook and creating a positive performance management programme.
- Absence Management– Are absence levels too high and costing your company more than they need to?
- Employee Relations & Terminations – Do you use a consistent method to coach/discipline and terminate poor performers? If not, once again, you could be putting your business at risk.
- Legislation – Are your policies GDPR compliant? Have you met all your statutory requirements?
- Litigation – Are you clear on what steps to take if facing a tribunal, unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal or whistleblowing claim?
- Performance Management – Are you measuring against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and is your approach effective?
- Policies and Procedures (including the Employee Handbook) – Have you created or updated your policies and procedures and/or employee handbook within the last couple of years? Did you know that nearly every few months, new laws, legislations and mandatory policy revisions and updates are required of all businesses?
- Recruitment & Selection – Questions need to go beyond the basics, like “is our hiring process good and legal”. Are your application forms up-to-date and exclude illegal questions that may be putting your business at risk of possible discrimination? This also applies to your interview process and the questions asked during interviews.
- Reward and Benefits – Reward and Benefits are an extension of your management belief system. Are you aware of your Equal Pay Gap? Does your reward and benefits strategy align with your business structure?
- Training & Development – Are your line managers fully empowered and capable of leading and managing a team effectively?